YouTube Video Optimization is one of the most important things that you can do to make sure that your youtube videos are found and viewed. It's old news that video marketing can be an excellent source of traffic and can help you build authority in your niche. But after you spend your time creating quality videos, what can you do to help Optimize your video for both the Google Search Engine and for the YouTube search engine?
In this article I am going to give you 10 things that you should do to optimize your YouTube Video. If you think of your Youtube as a blog, then we would call this on-page seo techniques…
Start by Optimizing Your YouTube Video Channel..
Your YouTube Video Optimization efforts should begin with taking steps to optimize your YouTube Channel. To optimize your channel you musts…
- Determine what keywords you want your videos to rank for.
- Create a YouTube channel (if you haven't already done so ) and try to give it a name that contains your keyword.
- Once Your Channel has been created you want to create channel art that helps you brand yourself. If you have a Facebook fan page, or Instagram, you want to keep your branding consistent across the various platforms.
- Next Create a good description for your channel.
- You are given the opportunity to add links so go ahead and add links to your blog, if you have one, your Facebook page, your Twitter account, and what ever other sites that are pertinent to your marketing strategy.
- The next thing that you want to do is to verify your account. By verifying your account, you are given more privileges, such as the ability to load longer videos, and the opportunity to monetize your videos
YouTube Video Optimization Tactics.
Once you've gotten your channel optimized you want to optimize each video that you create and upload by…
- Before uploading the videos, give it a name that contains the keyword that you want that particular video to rank for.
- After you've done that and have uploaded the video, you need to Optimize the title of the video. You do this by, giving it a title that begins with your keyword. And then give it the title emphasis by adding another phrase which contains your keyword. For instance, if my keyword is “YouTube Marketing” then my title would be ” Youtube Marketing : How to Optimize Your Videos for YouTube Marketing”.
- Next, you want to enter your description. Your description should be at least 500 characters long and should make use of your keyword phrase as much as possible. You should use as many of the relevant keywords that you found when you started this process in your description. Your description should also contain links to your website, your related affiliate offers ( if you have any ) and to your related videos.
- Lastly, you should type in each of the pertinent keywords as a tag.
Once you've completed these tasks you will have set up your videos, so that they can start getting traffic, views, and likes.
These are steps that you need to take in setting up your YouTube Video Optimization. Again, these steps take care of the on-page SEO for your videos. The next thing that you need to do is to start getting back-links, likes and shares.
I use Social Monkee to get quality back-links for my videos. It allows me to get 100 quality back-links for every video that I post to youtube. Regardless of how you get backlinks, you have to make sure that your video is optimized and if you follow the steps outlined above you will be well on your way in properly optimizing your videos.
Wishing You Abundant Health, Wealth and Peace