It's critical to the success of your MLM business that you set and achieve SMART goals. The goals may be personal, financial or may just involve a single aspect of your mlm business. Though it may seem daunting to define these goals, and even overwhelming to actually set out to achieve them, the success of your MLM business is dependent upon you doing them. Below are a few tips to help you do both of these.
1. Set Your MLM Business Goals
How should you go about setting goals for your mlm business anyway? As you move forward to determine your mlm business goals here are a few things to keep in mind that might help…
- Time – Be honest about how much time you have to work on achieving your mlm business goals. It is often tempting to set unachievable goals because we don't have a realistic grasp on the amount of time that we have to work on them. Also, hours on paper seldom work out exactly right in real life – you need some breaks (no one is a machine), and life happens.
- Money – How much mnoey do you have to invest in your business. You should have a real number here – $1200 a month? $150 a week? $45,000 a year? The Financial goals that you set for your mlm business are different for everyone. Just make sure you have a concrete number. You might want to set two financial goals – short-term and long-term.
- Strategy – As you develop a strategy to reach your goals, you will have goals within that strategy. For example, if your goal is to become a Director in your MLM business by a certain date, then you must know exactly what it takes to become a director, how many recruits, sales and the amount of product you must move, and you must determine from those gross numbers how much activity you need to generate daily to achieve these larger goals.
Within this strategy, there are steps – you will need to schedule in the time it takes for you to produce the sales, and enroll team members, and determine the amount of money needed. Then you may also need to set up a website and post ads to get the word out. Even within these steps are more steps – setting up a website involves multiple steps, as does advertising. Break everything down into small, specific steps and look at it on paper.
For example, if your kids are in school from 8am to 3pm, you may think you have seven hours to work that day. But if you're honest, it may be more like five hours by the time you factor in lunch, bathroom trips, driving to and from the school if you drive your kids, and so forth.
Always make sure that you set S.M.A.R.T MLM Business Goals…
A specific goal has a much greater chance of being accomplished than a general goal. To set a specific goal you must answer the six “W” questions:
*Who: Who is involved?
*What: What do I want to accomplish?
*Where: Identify a location.
*When: Establish a time frame.
*Which: Identify requirements and constraints.
*Why: Specific reasons, purpose or benefits of accomplishing the goal.
EXAMPLE: A general goal would be, “Get in shape.” But a specific goal would say, “Join a health club and workout 3 days a week.”
Establish concrete criteria for measuring progress toward the attainment of each goal you set.When you measure your progress, you stay on track, reach your target dates, and experience the exhilaration of achievement that spurs you on to continued effort required to reach your goal.To determine if your goal is measurable, ask questions such as……
How much? How many?
How will I know when it is accomplished?
A – Attainable: When you identify goals that are most important to you, you begin to figure out ways you can make them come true. You develop the attitudes, abilities, skills, and financial capacity to reach them. You begin seeing previously overlooked opportunities to bring yourself closer to the achievement of your goals
To be realistic, a goal must represent an objective toward which you are both willing and able to work. A goal can be both high and realistic; you are the only one who can decide just how high your goal should be. But be sure that every goal represents substantial progress.
A high goal is frequently easier to reach than a low one because a low goal exerts low motivational force. Some of the hardest jobs you ever accomplished actually seem easy simply because they were a labor of love.
A goal should be grounded within a time frame. With no time frame tied to it there’s no sense of urgency. If you want to lose 10 lbs, when do you want to lose it by? “Someday” won’t work. But if you anchor it within a time-frame, “by May 1st”, then you’ve set your unconscious mind into motion to begin working on the goal.
Your goal is probably realistic if you truly believe that it can be accomplished. Additional ways to know if your goal is realistic is to determine if you have accomplished anything similar in the past or ask yourself what conditions would have to exist to accomplish this goal.
can also stand for Tangible – A goal is tangible when you can experience it with one of the senses, that is, taste, touch, smell, sight or hearing.
When your goal is tangible you have a better chance of making it specific and measurable and thus attainable.
2. Achieve Your MLM Business Goals
If you have been honest in the above exercises, achieving your goals will be much easier and likely. Still, you can be as detailed and careful as you want on strategy lists and such, and still have trouble reaching your goals. So it may help to keep the following in mind.
- Marketing – It is vital to the success of your mlm Business that you have a marketing plan. How will you get your name out? How will you tell people you are open for business? This is an important component to any business goal.
- Accountability – Some sources suggest an accountability partner, goal buddy, or whatever you want to call someone who holds you accountable for reaching your goals.
- Keep track – Keeping a record of your expenditures, income, and overall progress toward your goals can help you get a handle on how well you're doing. This can also help you see areas in which you need to improve, and areas where you excel.
Setting SMART goals for your MLM business is the first step on the path to achieving success in your MLM business. So take the time to get this task done and start creating the success that you want for your business today!
LEARN HOW TO BUILD A 6-FIGURE RESIDUAL INCOME IN YOUR MLM
FREE VIDEO Shows You the – The 17 Irrefutable Laws to Build a
Wishing You Peace, Abundance and Prosperity,
Did you find value in this post??? If so, I would greatly appreciate if you could leave me a comment below and share via Social Media…
Are you ready to move forward and achieve success within your business??? … The answer is obviously YES!!!… Right???
Get started today with a risk free 10 day trial for ONLY $10 … Click the ACCESS button for the FREE 19 min video below and I look forward to seeing you on the inside as a part of my growing team!!!