Did you know that there are 6 pillars that are essential to the success of your online business?
These 6 pillars are listed below.
Pillar 1 – Vision & Personal Development
Many people that I speak to who are just beginning their journey into the world of online marketing have absolutely no vision as to what they really want out of this. And as a result, many of them are spinning their wheels, spending a lot of time and money but not making any progress in any direction. Because they have no direction. As you set out on your journey as an online marketer, you should sit down, define what your vision for your business and your life is. And then you must write it down. Make your vision clear that you see the tiniest details of the life that you are building for yourself and your loved ones.
After clearly defining your vision for your online marketing business and writing it down, you need to define your BIG why! Your “BIG Why” will drive you forward through the times where you want to give up. Your why and coupled with your vision will allow you to wake up with excitement and determination for the future that you are creating.
In defining your Vision and Your Big Why, you need to ask yourself the following questions.
- If you had all of the money in the world, what would you do?
- What limiting beliefs do you feel could be holding you back from achieving your vision.
- Who Must You become in order to achieve your vision.
After you've defined your Vision and your Big Why, you have determine what steps you will need to take to become the person that you will need to be to actually bring your vision to fruition. The one thing that I've learned as I've moved forward in my business, is that personal development and mindset are 99% of the battle. In your journey to achieving your vision you will become a new person… You will develop new habits, skillsets and even new ways of thinking. Get Excited.
Pillar 2 – Creating Your Brand
Developing your brand for your online marketing business is the 2nd pillar that you have to work on. Many people in the business, spend a good deal of time marketing their company's or products brand, when instead they should be focusing on building their own brand. To develop your own brand, ask yourself the following questions:
- Who are you?
- What do you stand for and who do you serve?
- What are the biggest problems, challenges and concerns of your target market?
- What do they really want?
- What do you like to talk
- What's life all about for you?
- What is your passion? Breakthroughs, stories, epiphanies that you can share?
- What are your values?
- What is important to you.
Once You've answered these questions, use the answers to define your brand, target your audience and set out to provide value, value and more value to your audience based on the brand that you have established.
Pillar 3 – Your Monetization Strategy
As you set out to determine your monetization strategy, you need to answer the following questions…
- How is your business going to make money?
- What are you selling
- What are the income producing activities in your business?
- What could you sell to your audience today/
- What low-cost, low barrier products/services ($1-$27) irresistible offers do you have that will allow you to get buyers?
- Know your metrics, and determine your financial priorities…
- What are your lead flows
- Your conversion rates
- Ad spends
- Costs per lead
- Lifetime customer value
- What are you selling for the next 30 days? What are your goals and projected outcomes?
You must determine and track these metrics so that you know what activities will produce income for your online marketing business and so that you can track your costs and incomes to determine which activities/products are profitable, and which are not.
Pillar 4 – Content
If you want success in your online marketing business, you have to create value in the marketplace. As a marketer, you do this by creating valuable content that your target market wants to consume.
Content is the currency of the internet.
You need to develop the following types of content –
Pillar Content is a substantive and informative piece of content on a specific topic or theme that can be broken into many pieces and media types: Examples of content pillars include eBooks, reports, and guides.
Basically, it’s a large piece of content that you can turn into many smaller pieces of content to fuel all those channels you’re currently struggling to fill. By focusing your attention on creating a single content pillar, it’s easy to break that finished piece into blog posts, infographics, videos, emails, social media updates, and more, to attract different kinds of buyers through different channels.
Promotional content are smaller pieces of content which serve to drive traffic to you Pillar content pieces. For instance, an example of promotional content might be a 2-3 minute Facebook Live that introduces your audience to an aspect of your Pillar content, then show them how to get access to your pillar content.
Lead Magnets Content
Generally speaking lead magnets are free ebooks, free video tutorials, that you will give to your audience in exchange for their email address.
When it comes to generating this content you should spend 20% of your time on content creation and 80% on promotion, and every piece of content that you create should have a strong call to action.
Every piece of content that you create should have a purpose. For instance, the sole purpose of creating a lead magnet would be to generate a lead, whereas the purpose of a low cost derivative of your Pillar content could be used to identify your buyers. You need to define specific measurable outcomes for your content and track your results weekly.
Pillar 5 – Follow-up & Engagement
As you build your audience for your online marketing business, you have to commit to consistently follow up and engage with them. You must…
- Determine how you will engage with them on a consistent/daily basis?
- You must email your list regularly
- Spend time daily on the various platforms providing value, tip, intel, and solutions.
- You must engage with your audience. Like and comment on their posts, and comment on their responses.
- Define how you will continuously gain their trust, build rapport and nurture and grow long term relationships with them.
- Create simple promotional content daily to engage your audience.
- Pick up the phone – be human and connect with people.
- Schedule webinars, Facebook Lives and Live Q&A Sessions.
- Create a community and culture to make your audience feel as though they are a part of something.
Pilar 6 – Traffic, List Building & Audience Building
Now most people think that traffic is the most important piece of this puzzle, but they are mistaken. Driving traffic is the easiest Pillar to build. There are multiple sources of traffic out there, and many ways to drive that traffic to your content and offers. Given this, you will have to make the following determinations…
- How are you going to drive targeted traffic to your blog, websites, offers and lead magnets?
- Will you use free or paid traffic? Will you drive traffic from social media such as Facebook or Twitter?
- Will you buy engagement ads ( like campaigns ) for your Facebook fan page, to grow your FB Audience?
- Where does your target audience hang out and have conversations?
As you answer these question, you will need to define a structured daily plan of action to grow your audience and syndicate the content that you create.
So there you have it, the Six Pillars of All Successful Online Marketing businesses. If you are not currently building these, you should start working on them today!
Wishing You Abundant Health, Wealth and Peace