Your productivity in your business is a keys to your success. The one thing that we all have in common is the number of hours that we have in a day. It doesn't matter if you are a multi-millionaire or a “struggling” home based business owner, we all have 24 hours each day. What makes the difference is how you choose to use your time. Do you spend it and at the end of the day wonder where your time went, or do you invest it wisely so as to get the most out of your day and your life?
As business owners, we don't get paid for time, we get paid to produce a result – we are paid for our productivity. As such, we need to make the most of every minute of every day. Below are 12 tips to help you get the most out of your day.
- Plan Your Day in Advance. Before going to bed each night, you need to set a little time to plan the next day.
- Prioritize your tasks ahead of time. By scheduling your tasks in order of importance, you can devote more attention to your most pressing tasks. You can prioritize your day so that you do not spend five hours answering email, while the rest of your duties slide.
- Set goals for your day. As you plan your day, set the goals that you want to accomplish. Although you may not get through your entire to-do list, try to set and meet reasonable goals each day.
- Get Your Mind Right. Before starting your work day. Spend time visualizing your day. See yourself completing the day's tasks and visualize the future results of the work that you are doing now. Step into that vision. Set aside at least 10 minutes each day to engage in visualization exercises.
- Set a schedule and stick to it. For every task that you have set for the day, set aside a specific amount of time and stick to your schedule. You will be surprised by what you can get done in an hour if you focus on the task at hand. If you haven't completed the task within the allotted time, then schedule time for the next day to complete that task. Unless it is a critical, money making activity, do not spend more time on that activity than you have scheduled.
- Use a stop watch or timer. In order to stay on schedule, buy or download a stop watch app, and use it to stay on schedule.
- Turn off distractions. If the television or radio or Facebook lures you away from your duties, turn it off or log off. You must do everything that you can to stay on task and avoid all distractions
- Avoid Multi-Tasking. Many people think that the multi-tasking somehow increases their productivity, but it has been shown that it takes about 20 minutes for your mind to acclimate to a task. Multi-tasking actually kills your productivity.
- Take A Break. For every hour of work, take a 10 minute break. Step away from your computer. Go outside. Use this time to clear your mind and to prepare for the next task.
- Spend Less than 30 Minutes a day on email. Many people spend a lot of time constantly checking their emails. You should schedule 1 or 2 times a day to check emails and only take about 2 minutes to respond to any emails that require your attention.
- Complete Money Making Activities First. There are only 2 types of money making activities (MMA) – Active Prospecting and Passive Marketing. You should spend about 90% of your time in MMA. And you should give those MMA's the highest priority when you schedule your day in advance.
- Make Time For Exercise. By exercising regularly, you will increase the energy that you have available by exercising regularly.
- Make Time For Family and Relationships. Though you may be driven by achieving success in your business, you must maintain a proper life-balance. Your business is just one aspect of your life and, if you are like me, your business is a vehicle that you use to provide for your family. So make sure that you take the time to keep your personal relationships with family, friends and esp. your spouse, healthy.
Wishing You Abundant Health, Wealth and Peace